The 7th edition of the Ghana Makeup Awards has been held at the plush Labadi Beach Hotel in Accra.
The event was a gathering of players in the makeup and beauty industry whose works had been recognized by the judges of Makeup Ghana.
This year’s awards night celebrated industry players whose distinctive works have contributed immensely to the beauty and makeup industry in Ghana.
The legendary twin gospel artistes, the Tagoe Sisters, thrilled the audience with a spectacular performance.
Deputy Minister of Tourism, Arts and Culture Mark Okraku Mantey delivered a speech on behalf of the sector Minister Ibrahim Awal.
In all, RnR Luxury, a leading beauty company was adjudged overall winner of the night while awards were given to individuals who won in various categories
Honoury awards were presented to personalities who have selflessly contributed to the growth of the industry.
In her welcome address, the CEO of Makeup Ghana, Rebeca Donkor, said over the years, the primary objective of the Makeup Awards has been to recognize excellence and consistently raise the performance by awarding stakeholders who have distinguished themselves.
This, she said, has created a healthy competition, shaped conducts, professionalism, and service delivery, and raised the image and reputation of the industry positioning it both locally and globally.
She said after the maiden edition, there was a stakeholder’s engagement session which resulted in Makeup Ghana starting the Standardization Project in 2018 adding that the initiative was to bring standards into the beauty and wellness industry in Ghana through a three-programme approach (Certification & Licensing; Code of Practice; Product Certification), covering all stakeholders (practitioners, brands, and retailers).
She disclosed that with funding from the Skills Development Fund, now GSDF, and the Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET), now CTVET, and some key industry experts, the first path to certification and licensing, curriculum development of National Certificate 1 and 2 (Level 3 and 4) in Makeup Artistry, was launched in 2020 and is now part of the National TVET Qualification Framework.
According to her, the Higher National Diploma (HND) curriculum which has been developed and currently waiting for approval is expected to be launched in the first quarter next year.
LIST OF THE WINNERS
7th Ghana Beauty Awards Recipients
- Golden View Therapeutic Clinic & Spa
- Marion Mariononi Kusi-Mensah (BTI Accra
- Studio 7 Clinic & Med Spa
HONORARY AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Mrs. Sandra Ampofo Donkor [Founder/CEO of Monisarp Enterprise]
- Mrs. Zita Amankwa Jackson [Founder/CEO of Zee nails and Beauty Gh]
- Mrs. Faustina Nor Abini [Founder & CEO of Phase2Phase Beauty Clinic & College]
- Madam Christiana Okine [Cosmetologist & Technical Educator – Nouvelle Parfumerie Gandour]
- Madam Joyce Mama Appiah [Past President of GHABA]
- Mr. Michael Ayikwei Afutu [CEO of Mikesh Global] – Chiefs to be Acknowledged
LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD RECIPIENT
- Engr. Dr. Stephen Turkson [CEO and Lead Consultant of Eljen Consultants]
FIRST SET OF AWARDS
BEST ECO FRIENDLY BEAUTY PRODUCT
- Clean Skin Facial Cleansing Balm (CM Beauty Bar)
CSR PROJECT OF THE YEAR
- Bright Future Academy (Nguvu Foundation)
- RS Scent Perfect
MOST PROMISING BARBER
- Grace Minnet Arthur (Minnet De Barber)
BEST HAIR CUTTING STYLIST
- Emefa Obobi Ameteme [GoshenEm Institute and Spa]
BEST HAIR COLORIST
- Justice Osei (Justice The Barber)
- Abiba Azu (Abiba Locs)
BEST NATURAL HAIR STYLIST
- Sarah Naa Kordai Addy (Sarah’s Beauty Parlour)
BEST BRIAD STYLIST
- Emmanuel Asukwo (Manuels Beautty GH)
DISCOVERY OF THE YEAR
- Flocare Beauty
PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR
- Nana Gaza (Nana Gaza Photography)
BEST SALON/ STUDIO
- Kare Beauty Spa
BEST BARBER SHOP
- Andis Barber Shop
BEAUTY PRODUCT OF THE YEAR
- Evo Gel Polish (Bio Sculpture Ghana)
BEAUTY RETAIL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
- Queenrenes World
BEST BRIDAL MAKEUP ARTIST
- Flora Arthur (Phab Hair & Makeup)
BEST EDITORIAL MAKEUP ARTIST
- Shika Linus Kojo Agblevor (Painted by Linus)
BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS MAKEUP ARTIST
- Amewugah Nathaniel (Kruz_K)
BARBER OF THE YEAR
- Derrick Abosti (Luda Haircuts)
BEST SPA & WELLNESS CENTER
- Marie Noelle’s Spa & Salon
INDIGENOUS BRAND OF THE YEAR
- Kinky Matters
BEST CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- Skin Gourmet
SKINCARE BRAND OF THE YEAR
FACILITATOR/EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
- Priscilla Akuba Appiah (HB Elegance)
BEAUTY ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
- Lawrencia Owusu (Just Sparkle & Shine)
MAKEUP BRAND OF THE YEAR
- SO Aesthetics
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD
- Marie Noelle’s Spa & Salon
HAIR STYLIST OF THE YEAR
- Gladys Quaye(Stages Salon)
MAKEUP ARTIST OF THE YEAR
- Abigail Amegatcher (Shine and Shadows)
BEAUTY BRAND OF THE YEAR
- RnR Luxury
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.